Thursday 7 August 2008

The time has come to stand up to the bullies!

Hi folks

First and foremost, let me explain myself. I am a Hearts fan and I would like to ask you all to do me a favour. Well actually I hope that your actions will do Scottish Football a favour.

I was saddened and angered today (1st August 2008), when I read that Dundee United were forced to accept Celtic’s demand for a 5% away ticket surcharge after Celtic threatened them that there would be NO Celtic fans at Tannadice if they did not accept the demands.

As a result. I have set up an online petition which you can view and sign HERE> http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-old-firm-bully-tactics.html

I will send copies of the completed petition to all 10 clubs so that they can see how strongly their fans feel about this ridiculous situation.

As far as I can see all 10 non old firm clubs need to stand up and be counted against these two leeches. How many of our clubs can afford to incur yet more losses? Why should OUR clubs be asked to swell the coffers of Rangers and Celtic? Why should our clubs be asked to pay a TAX just so we can play against Rangers and Celtic at our OWN grounds?

These two “fierce rivals” are quick enough to always unite when it suits their agenda or can earn them more money.

It’s time yet again that the other members of the league put a stop to their attempts to steam roller smaller and less well-off clubs.

It worked once before over TV money. It can work again!

Please feel free to post this link wherever you like.

Thanks
youngy